The Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List the rules and display an award logo on blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions
- Nominate 11 new blogs.
- Ask nominees 11 new questions.
A heartfelt “Thank you” to Bubul for nominating Jar of Poetry for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I consider her, not only as a poetry enthusiast but also a motivational writer to whom I’m glad to be a fan of. Again, thank you.
- What is your ultimate goal as a blogger?
To write and connect with genuine people who are inspired by the random pieces that Jar of Poetry has to offer.
- What kind of blogs do you like to read/follow?
Poetry blogs, personal narratives, creative writing, and aspiring authors writing their stories
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Buying notebooks and never writing in them
- What is your favorite TV series?
Right now, I am binge watching “The Untamed” on Netflix
- Name a fictional character (from TV/books/movies) you’d want to date.
Morrigan, from the Dragon Age series. Her personality is quick-witted and sarcastic, something I really like in a person.
- What are the three problems that you’d want to solve ASAP?
Where did I put my keys? What’s for dinner? Why haven’t they come out with the next season (of certain shows) yet?!
- How do you avoid depression?
Other than writing about it my journal, I meditate. It gives me time to gather many possible answers and choose one that I’m willing to live with.
- If you have an option of trading your life with anybody on this planet, would you do it? And with whom?
Nope. I prefer to write my own story, even I don’t know what’ll happen next!
- What is love for you?
A full stomach, a comfy bed, and knowing that somebody is willing to put up with my mischief.
- What does your perfect day look like?
Honestly, I don’t really know. So far, each day brings something different and exciting for me to either get into trouble with or contemplate about.
- What place (on this Earth) would you recommend me to visit and why?
I’d recommend my island of Guam. The reason? For you to question why a person, who grew up in paradise, would ever leave somewhere like that.
Her ability to question and make you think, absolutely astounds me! She points out the pieces that we tend to overlook.
The poetry is elegant and memorable. A definite “Must Follow” for you poetry readers.
Pictures are worth a thousand words but this poetry blog can do it in a few!
This author helped me break away from reading just poetry. The stories on her blog reflect her imagination and skills as a writer. Don’t believe me, read one story and see where it takes you.
A talented writer and poet whose skills can be seen in her posts. I find it unique for someone to transition so smoothly from poetry writing to stories with such ease.
A poetry blog that allows the questions we ask ourselves to be the muse. It’s something to marvel when we bypass these questions rather than writing with it.
Another poet and writer I truly recommend. Although some writers have a way of making you feel like reader, this writer is able to have you alongside the character in the story.
Her use of vivid imagery and realism is what makes her posts stand out and represent her for who she is. Her posts can also be found in other social media sites.
Don’t let the follower count deter you from reading the poetry! It’s almost as if the posts are aimed at you, and you alone.
Okay, I admit that I’m a fan of fantasy writers. However, this writer’s ability to weave you into his stories (literally) is something I’ve never experienced until recently. It’s my personal recommendation for all fans of fantasy!
A poet who I admire and have known since last year when I had my old blog on WordPress.com. I consider her a friend and a phenomenal person. To be honest, she is one of the reasons I made the jump into doing audio poetry. Literature is meant for everyone and why should it be limited? Lorraine’s perseverance to keep writing and commenting on other’s blogs, despite being blind, shows the true nature of who she is as a writer.
These nominees are not picked at random. Each one has influenced my creativity and astounded me with their writing. Congratulations my friends! You and a few others are the reason I smile when I write!
- Any snack recommendations?
- What would be your theme song if you had one?
- If someone offered you an all-expense paid trip, where would you go?
- Which creature of myth best describes who you are as a person?
- Do you have any book recommendations? (Getting tired of reading textbooks)
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you can live in one, which would it be? A tree house, an igloo, or a hut by the ocean?
- Do you have a lucky charm?
- If I had no choice than to give you an honest answer, what would your question be?
- Would you stop writing if you knew you only had one dedicated reader?
- Do you prefer hardback books or paperbacks?