The guy behind it all
I’m John-Anthony Reyes. Poetry enthusiast, audio narrator, and producer behind Jar of Poetry.
Here’s a quick background:
- Published poet at 16 I don’t consider myself a poet anymore, I prefer enthusiast…just so we’re clear
- Coast Guard Veteran 7 years of service
- Former Medical/Dental assistant
- Warehouse processor
- Delivery driver for a Food Distribution company
- Lead Warehouse Supervisor
- Now a freelance audio narrator
Why did I share this with you? I’m as normal as it can get…I think. I’m also a single parent of a witty 9 year old boy who happens to be my everything I need in my life. I also have 2 cats, Rayne and Momo, who captured my heart.
I began with journal writing that would eventually lead me to poetry. Coming from the island of Guam, my travels taught me so much. The experience is what I sought out to help fuel my writing and creativity. I’m still trying to figure out where I belong in this world, but I’m enjoying the scenery and the people I meet.
I tend to be very social, despite being afraid of being in public. I’m not kidding, I shop in the early morning so I can avoid the crowds.
I let my imagination run wild and curiosity provoke me to do some interesting things. Here’s a list of some random things:
- I’ve played my ukulele for free coffee
- Ate 10 different ethnic cuisines in one day
- Won a eating challenge and was awarded a $10 gift card
- Dressed as Tinker Bell for a week after losing a bet
- Left $5 a few fuel stations just cause
- I quit a job the first day because I wasn’t used to 3rd shift
- Speaks with various accents while being in public
- Learns a new language just to order food
- Wakes up at 4:30 am everyday, yes…even weekends
- I’m a diva if I don’t have my coffee
My favorite quote:
We’re all books waiting to be shelved. Be a story worth remembering.~Unknown